NPDES Analysis and Reporting
Stormwater and wastewater regulations impact operations of industry, construction projects, municipalities, developers, agriculture, and other businesses. We understand these complex requirements and have tailored our testing to specifically to help you to achieve compliance with your NPDES Permit.
National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit-required testing for wastewater treatment plants and lagoons is a specialty at Meridian Analytical Laboratories, Inc. We cater to your needs with fast, convenient and specialized testing. The determination of your facility’s wastewater quality is specified in environmental permits (either yours or your municipality’s wastewater treatment plant) and consists of series of laboratory tests focused on five major categories:
- Organics – Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD), Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD), Total Organic Carbon (TOC), and Oil and Grease (O&G). These methods analyze for the concentration of carbon-based compounds in the water.
- Solids – Total Solids (TS), Total Suspended Solids (TSS), Total Dissolved Solids (TDS), Total Volatile Solids (TVS), and Total Fixed Solids (TFS).
- Nutrients – nitrogen and phosphorus compounds that can contribute to the acceleration of eutrophication (the natural aging of bodies of water).
- Physical Properties and Other Impact Parameters – temperature, color, pH, turbidity, odor, properties that can directly impact wastewater treatability.
- Metals – copper, cadmium chromium, lead, mercury and nickel exhibit toxic effects and can bio accumulate, potentially affecting plants, wildlife, and ultimately people.
Storm water is wastewater regulated under the Clean Water Act (CWA). Storm water permits are issued to construction activities, industrial facilities, and municipal separate storm sewer systems. Meridian can provide automatic sampling and event sampling to support your permit compliance.
Our Sampling Crews are Trained and Insured
Meridian’s staff have the training and experience to perform your sampling correctly and safely. For your peace of mind, we also maintain a comprehensive suite of professional, auto and environmental liability indemnification. Don’t trust your wastewater and storm water sampling to an uninsured or unreliable technician – rely on Meridian Labs.
Meridian Analytical Laboratories, LLC provides full-service environmental analytical testing for a growing list of municipal and industrial clients, engineering consultants and governmental agencies. For more information, please contact us.